Friday, May 15, 2015

Crochet and other hobbies...

Summer is a good time to take up a new hobby or spend more time on your favorite.
I tend to look for simple and practical ways to brighten up my home, and at the same time improve my crafting skills.


I worked on my own little outdoor space/garden...(Progress is shown from left to right photos.)
I have a few plants to begin with...I will definitely add some more!
Here's my favorite plant for now, this peace lily I put in front of my door.
Btw, my camera isn't working properly anymore... :(


Summer is also a good time for bird watching, and we've been seeing different kinds of birds here...
Just this afternoon I heard the unmistakable sound of a crow, and looked up to see it on the top of this bamboo tree - its awesome! I could have gotten a picture, but when I changed the battery it flew away :(


May 20 update - I saw the crow again (later joined by another one, but no pic)...my camera was able to function on some shots.



I have been sewing a few projects too...starting with this tote bag. It then got me motivated to work some more on recycled denims.



(pardon the blurry pics...its not me, its my camera :p )

Since my main hobby is crochet, I would end this post with my latest favorite project (details on Ravelry). (I did finish another project after this, but I have yet to take a modeled photo.)


2 comments:

  1. Great seeing what you have been up to. Glad I stopped by. Happy Day to you.
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!